Trinity Ball Sells Out in Record Time

Last sales record was just over two days. It's a “record-breaking time”, says Katie Cogan.

Edmund HeaphyEditor

Tickets for this year’s Trinity Ball have already sold out, breaking an all-time record. Tickets became available at 9am this morning and sold out in just over four hours. The previous record was just over two days, which happened in 2013.

Speaking to The University Times, Katie Cogan, the Ents Officer of Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union, said it was a “record-breaking time”. 10,000 people registered on the website to engage in the ticketing process, and a total of 7,250 tickets were sold, Cogan said.

Cogan said she thought tickets sold out for “two reasons”. “Firstly, the line-up is insane. There is something for everyone”, she said. She went on: “Secondly, the hype was really good. There was some criticism of the line-up launch live stream, but it created hype.”

She said that “people have a lot of faith in Ents” this year, and that she had “been talking about how great the line-up is for months”. “Literally, all these names are huge”, she said. “It’s an absolute honour to be Ents Officer for this ball and be able to raise the standard for the ball.” She also highlighted her close working relationship with MCD Productions, who co-direct the ball with Trinity Ents, as a reason for the “insane” line-up. The original suggestion list for the ball provided by Cogan listed 160 artists.

Cogan was also able to provide details of which stages acts would be performing on, although she said it was “subject to change”. The Kooks, Gorgon City, All Tvvins, Honne and the Trinity Ents Battle of the Bands winner will play on the main stage.

Stormzy, Novelist and Daithí will play on the second stage, among others, whilst Seth Troxler, Bodhi, Waze & Odyssey and Blonde will play in the dance tent, among others.

Cover band Smash Hits, the Trinitones and Trinity Orchestra will play the outdoor tent, while Horse Meat Disco will play a set on the disco stage all night.