Appeal to Find John O’Donnell, Trinity Graduate Last Seen in Dublin

Aged 30, O’Donnell was last seen in Costa on College Green on Friday, August 26th.

Sinéad BakerEditor

An appeal has to been launched to help find John O’Donnell, a former Trinity postgraduate student who was last seen in the College Green branch of Costa Coffee on Friday August 26th.

Last seen between 4pm and 6pm on Friday, O’Donnell was in contact with his family on Saturday, but the family has been unable to determine if he was seen that day.

Speaking to The University Times over Facebook, John’s sister, Kate O’Donnell, explained the family’s fear that “he might be in danger of hurting himself”, adding: “He left his flatmate in Berlin a note indicating that might be the case.”

Approximately 5’7″ and of medium build, O’Donnell has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing blue jeans with a white/grey tshirt and a blue-grey bag/backpack.

Originally from Pennsylvania, O’Donnell had moved to Berlin in May 2015 but had returned to Dublin to visit friends. He received Irish citizenship last year.

O’Donnell had been doing freelance work for the Open Europe Foundation and had traveled to visit friends in Hungary and the Czech Republic the week before he disappeared. The family currently believes that he is still in Ireland.

O’Donnell completed an MSc in International Politics in Trinity in 2013. Speaking to The University Times over Facebook, Meg Lee, who served as President of the Trinity College Dublin Graduates Students’ Union (TCDGSU) for the 2014/15 year, stated that O’Donnell “was at most of the events and truly was a huge part of the postgrad community” in Trinity.

Friends and family are appealing for anyone with information to contact 087 3165192 or email [email protected] and [email protected].