Trips Abroad, a Yoga Breakfast and GMB Takeover: Your Friday of Fourth Week

With the final day of Fourth Week upon us, Brian Donnelly informs us how to make the most of the last day of free society events across campus.

Brian DonnellySocieties Editor

With the final day of Fourth Week upon us, it is time to really make the most of your Friday. Start your morning off right with Trinity Yoga Society who are offering a morning Yoga class which will take place in Room 50 in the Atrium. As with all Fourth Week events, this event is totally free and does not require membership to take part. They will also be providing participants with a free breakfast after. Spaces are limited to 25 people, so make sure to get down to the Atrium as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Society fun doesn’t end in Fourth Week, and today offers the chance to sign up for upcoming international trips with Trinity’s societies. Dublin University Photography Association (DUPA) and Vis Arts will be heading off to Barcelona during reading week, leaving on November 8th and returning on the 10th. Tickets are on sale in the DUPA room at 2pm today for €50, a price that doesn’t include flights but includes accommodation and gallery prices, ensuing that you’ll absorb Spanish art and culture.

Tickets for the infamous ski trip with DU Snowsports also go on sale today at 1pm. Make sure you have your laptops and cards on hand, as the 500 places are typically snapped more-or-less immediately. Heading to Val Thornes, the highest ski resort in Europe from January 6th to 15th, including the days on the bus, the trip promises great skiing, great nights and total exhaustion in the best way.

Trinity Arts Festival (TAF) along with a host of other societies will be taking over the Graduates Memorial Building (GMB) to bring you “What Lies in The Woods”, a spooky evening inspired by the fairytales of the brothers Grimm, and the perfect end to your Fourth Week. The entire building will be transformed to create a truly immersive experience, with a host of different societies taking part. This is always one of the highlights of Fourth Week, not surprisingly it has won Best Event at the CSC awards for many years. There will be a fire show in Front Square at 7pm for all, and, for lucky ticket holders, the doors to the GMB will open at 7.15pm.