Five of the Best Toasties in Dublin

Even better when paired with a pint, locations not far from campus offer the classic food with great atmosphere.

Rebecca Wynne-WalshDeputy Radius Editor

What’s better than a good old-fashioned toastie? Whether you’re hungover, homesick or just hungry for something good and hearty, a toastie is always the way to go. Better yet, pair your nice, hot cheese toastie with an ice-cold pint or a glass of wine for the perfect winters day treat. To help you on your endeavours, here are five of the best toasties in Dublin:

Brewbaker

This all too easily ignored spot on Leinster Street is cheap and simple. You can make up your own toastie with a wide variety of fillings, sauces and breads. It’s close to campus too, which makes it a handy as well as a fulfilling lunch. They also keep their fridge well stocked with Pellegrino flavoured sparkling waters, a serious bonus – trust me when I say the blood orange Pellegrino will change your life.

Grogan’s

This is the perfect place for anyone who wants a pint with their toastie. The food is good, hearty pub grub, no frills, just satisfying. Of course, if the toastie doesn’t cheer you up, the pint certainly will. On a dry day, it’s lovely to sit outside and watch the hustle and bustle of this busy street corner unfold. Who doesn’t love a side of people watching with their lunch?

Bach 16

This adorable restaurant on Bachelor’s Walk serves lunchtime toasties from 1pm to 3pm. Toasties range from classics like ham and cheese or a club sandwich to classier fares such as salmon and avocado. Bach 16 is guaranteed to fill your toastie craving, and they also have a great wine selection if you feel like upping the alcohol levels of your lunch.

KC Peaches

Though it may seem boring to head to KC Peaches for another lunch, if you’re used to just filling a box with a mish-mash of everything, their toasties will be a welcome change. They serve the classics but with quirky twists, for example their ham and cheese is done with brie and honey-roasted ham – definitely worth a try.

The Foggy Dew

This one is another great option for the toastie and pint combination. The Foggy Dew is a “real old man’s pub” as it were, the darkened interior and high stools give a great atmosphere to compliment your alcohol and sandwich combo. In a nice location by Central Bank, it’s no big stretch from campus.