Lunch under €10: WowBurger, Tucked Inside Workmans, Doesn’t Fail to Impress

When your new year diet gets boring, WowBurger offers an indulgent, unhealthy alternative.

Maryia DitchkowskaFood & Drink Editor

The Food & Drink section in Radius has by now played host to a number of reviews on salad bars and other healthy lunch places, which are always nice and help us all feel that little bit better about ourselves. But it is probably fair to give some space to something not-so-healthy, namely burgers. After all, even the best of us have those days when the capacity for healthy lunches is thin, and the body craves additional energy and taste. In that case, these juicy, saucy and absolutely glorious burgers from WowBurger are here to help.

Located upstairs in Workmans Club, which many students will know well, this place has already gained acknowledgement for their food and more importantly, their prices. The menu itself is fairly brief, but be assured: everything will be incredibly delicious. This time, I went for a cheeseburger with extra grilled onions, their signature sauce and pickles. All of the toppings were free, I only had to pay for the burger itself. On the side I was able to try a few garlic fries from my friend.

As for the burger, it was even better than expected. The bun was exceptionally soft and flavourful, while the meat was juicy and tasteful. While there was plenty of sauce and the beef itself was not overdone, the bun wasn’t soggy at all. The fries were great as well, crisp, but not overdone, with a right balance of spices. Burgers cost between €5.95 and €6.95, fries are between €2.95 and €3.95 and their desserts are around €3, meaning that there are plenty of options for an under-€10 meal.

In general, while not being the healthiest option available, WowBurger might be one of the best locations to grab a reasonably-priced burger in town. Their staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the food exceeded expectations and the price was great for the quality you receive. The only sad part is their opening times — I can easily imagine crowds gathering for that burger as they come back from a night out, or even from Workman’s itself.