Aquamarine Sequins, Glitter and Gold Chains in Mermaid Crown Workshop

Trinity Fashion Society and Trinity Arts Festival hosted a mermaid crown workshop featuring sequins, gems and plenty of glitter.

Fionnuala EganSocieties Editor
Andrew Murphy for The University Times

Today, Trinity Fashion Society and Trinity Arts Festival (TAF) held an intriguingly titled Mermaid Crown Workshop in the Graduates Memorial Building. The spacious Phil Conversation Room was crowded with eager attendees. Society members and TAF volunteers had laid out an impressive spread of materials for the workshop, which included sequins, stick on gems and glitter in every colour imaginable. Other volunteers were on the floor spray painting shell-shaped pasta in striking colours.

The hectic beginning soon calmed down as participants focused on harnessing their creativity. Speaking to The University Times, Chair of Trinity Fashion Society, Carla King-Molina, remarked that she was surprised by how many people had shown up and how inventive the attendees were. She explained how she particularly loved one crown that had aquamarine sequins and delicate gold chains to hang around the wearer’s face. “It really reminded me of something you’d see at Coachella, it was so dreamy”, she explained. She also admired participants’ willingness to think outside the box. Some people didn’t stick to crowns and decided to branch out, making necklaces from spray painted pasta shells and bracelets from the chains and sequins, to create the ultimate boho chic vibe.

Secretary of TAF, Brian Donnelly, was similarly pleased with the event. Speaking to The University Times, Donnelly said that it was great to see people expressing their creativity using unexpected items like shells and pasta. Being a part of TAF is proving to be a rewarding experience, and he cited “getting to collaborate with so many cool societies” as one of the reasons why he loves being involved with the festival.

This event was a perfect way to relax after a long day of lectures and, best of all, resulted in a one-of-a-kind item that is guaranteed to turn heads at a festival.