Free Food, Photos and Game of Thrones: Your Wednesday of Freshers’ Week

The Phil, Japanese Society and Quiz Soc are all offering great events, as we enter the middle of Freshers' Week.

Niamh Herbert Deputy Societies Editor

The middle of the week can usually be such a drag, but fun doesn’t stop during Freshers’ Week. Wake yourself up, dust off the glitter from the night before and come along to some of these unmissable events taking place today.

Free Breakfast with the Phil

Hungover from last night’s Freshers’ Ball? In need of some sustenance for the day ahead? The University Philosophical Society (the Phil) have you covered with a free breakfast in the Graduates Memorial Building (GMB) Conversation Room. Tea, coffee, juice, crepes and pastries are all free to members. Any interested non-members of the Phil can sign up at their freshers’ fair stand at any day this week or at the GMB if you ask a member of the Phil council. The breakfast is 9am daily and runs until the stock dries out.

The Bram Stoker Paper Reading

The Bram Stoker Paper Reading Club is one of the cosiest societies in all of Trinity and promises copious amounts of free tea, coffee and biscuits. With a new paper read each Wednesday at 1pm, it’s guaranteed that there will be something for everyone at some stage throughout the year. Come to the Bram’s event today “Wham! Bam! What’s a Bram?” at 1pm in the GMB to learn about how you can become involved, make new friends and write your own Bram paper.

Alternative Walking Tour

Whether you’re new to Dublin or a born and bred city-slicker, the Alternative Walking Tour with Dublin University Photography Association (DUPA), in collaboration with Architectural Society (ArcSoc) and the Visual Arts Society (Vis Arts), promises to show you new sights and give you the perfect opportunity to snap that one pivotal Instagram photo to let all of your friends and family know just how much you’re enjoying Freshers’ Week and the sights that Dublin has to offer. The tour group will meet at 4pm by Front Arch.

Japanese Tea and Snack with JSoc

Join Trinity’s Japanese Society in the Eliz Room in House Six today at 5pm for a delightfully traditional Japanese cup of tea and a snack.  The Japanese Society are consistently running culturally relevant events throughout the week. So whether you’re an enthusiast of everything Japanese or just curious as to what they have to offer, this event is definitely worth checking out.

Game of Thrones Quiz

Today at 7pm, Trinity students are urged to release their inner nerd and flock together in JW Sweetman pub for the ultimate Game of Thrones quiz. The Quiz Soc membership costs only €2 and will allow you to gain entry to every other quiz they hold this year. Come along and find out who will sit on the Iron Throne of knowledge.