Barely Legal in the Bord Gáis

The much acclaimed and well-loved 'Legally Blonde' musical is coming to Dublin.

Aaron FinneganDeputy Editor Film and TV

The 2001 comedy film, starring Reese Witherspoon, remains a much-beloved staple of any movie night. But now, Legally Blonde makes the jump from the screen to the stage, as the acclaimed musical comes to the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre this March. Fans of the film can experience Elle’s story in an entirely different medium in the luxury of the Bord Gáis, a world away from the confines of the living room to which viewers are likely accustomed. Following on from its continued success on Broadway and the West End, the musical returns to the Bord Gáis to delight fans yet again.

The musical has received high acclaim since its premiere in 2007, being nominated for seven Tony awards, five Laurence Olivier awards, and even an Emmy. Described as “an all singing, all dancing, romantic comedy, a fun-filled, feel-good pink fest”, the musical follows Elle, a sorority sister who enrols in law school to win back her boyfriend. Naturally, hilarity ensues. Featuring music and lyrics by Laurence O’Keefe and Nell Benjamin, the musical relies heavily on the film but makes use of Amanda Brown’s novel of the same name.

Tickets can be purchased online at the Bord Gáis Energy theatre website or physically at the box office, with prices starting at €20.