Battle of the Bands, Bats and Good Friday at the Pav: Your Week Ahead

The final few weeks of term are upon us, but Trinity's societies aren't winding down yet.

Niamh HerbertSocieties Editor

There’s no amount of essay deadlines that could stop Trinity’s societies from organising and hosting interesting events for you to enjoy. Put away the books, take a break from the Ussher and consider going to some of these cool events while you still have the chance!

Monday

Tonight at 7.15pm in the Westin Hotel, Trinity Law Society (Law Soc) will be hosting the final of its Commercial Negotiation competition, in which two teams will represent different fictional clients going head to head over a case study and trying to get the best deal they can. Join Law Soc on Monday evening for an exciting negotiation with a reception afterwards.

Tuesday

Trinity Afro-Caribbean Society will be hosting an event called Trailblazers at 6pm in the Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute on Tuesday evening. The event will showcase some of the most creative and innovative minds that Ireland has to offer. Join Afro-Caribbean Soc and be inspired by a diverse panel of entrepreneurs and creatives as they share their stories and reveal some of their tips for success.

Wednesday

This Wednesday at 6.30pm in the Smurfit Atrium, Trinity Genetics Society and the Zoological Society will be hosting Prof Emma Teeling of University College Dublin for a talk titled “Bats: Growing Old Yet Staying Young”. Teeling will be discussing why bats may hold the secret to extended longevity. The talk will be followed by a reception with some wine and a few nibbles.

After months of build up, Trinity Ents will be presenting the final of Battle of the Bands in Whelan’s at 7.30pm on Wednesday. The final lineup will feature Cooks But We’re Chefs, Dysfunktional, TED, The Enzymes. Each of these bands have battled their way through a heat and a semi-final for the chance to win the opportunity to play at Trinity Ball.

Thursday

Trinity Afro-Caribbean Society promise that its event this Thursday evening, “Wild’N Out: the Trinity Roast”, will be a highlight of the college calendar. The event will be a rendition of the American comedic game show of the same name, but instead of a star-studded cast, the participants will be members of Afro-Caribbean societies from different universities. This year, a Trinity team will face off against a team composed of Dublin City University, Dublin Institute of Technology and Maynooth University’s finest. This event will start at 6pm in Tramline and tickets will be available at the door for €15.

Trinity Juggling and Circus Society will be hosting Strictly Come Juggling at 6pm in Goldsmith Hall. The event will see Trinity’s intervarsity team compete with other colleges to prove their circus skills. Entry is €2 for audience members and it’s not too late to sign up to take part.

Friday

Why not spend the Good Friday evening taking a break from the library and chilling at the Pav? Dublin University DJ Society (DUDJ) will be taking to the decks from 6.30pm. Fingers crossed for a lovely bit of sunshine on Friday afternoon so you can sit out on the cricket pitch and enjoy a pint or two!