Brendan Cole: All Night Long

Get ready for glitter and glamour as Brendan Cole brings Strictly Come Dancing to Dublin.

Rebecca Wynne-WalshFilm and TV Editor

TV show Strictly Come Dancing is undoubtedly one of the most popular shows on television, and its reach has been growing exponentially year after year. It has become more popular than Saturday night staples such as The X-Factor and even I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

Ballroom and Latin dancer extraordinaire Brendan Cole has been with the hit show since its very first season all the way back in 2004. Cole has been thrilling audiences with his spectacular dance talents for years. Along with Anton du Beke, he was considered a mainstay in the hearts and the television sets of millions all over the world as he danced on BBC’s Strictly as well as judging New Zealand’s Dancing with the Stars.

Despite the BBC’s recent shock decision not to renew Cole’s contract for the next series of Strictly, Cole shows no signs of slowing down with his tour in full swing and his Dublin dates set to go ahead as planned, albeit now with an added touch of scandal amidst the sparkle.

Brendan Cole is a busy man to be sure, but not too busy it seems to bring his special brand of ballroom and Latin flair to the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre on March 30th and 31st. This decadent dance show will be Cole’s fourth touring production in Ireland. The event always sells out so it is advisable to book tickets early to avoid disappointment.

After a tumultuous year with Strictly, Cole is pushing his live creative boundaries. Television audiences are familiar with Cole’s dancing skills, but this production promises to display Cole’s directing, hosting and even guitar playing skills as well. The All Night Long tour is set to be a Cole passion project brought to life.

Cole will be joined by eight other world-class dancers, as well as 13 live on-stage musicians in this ambitious leap from the living-room television screen to the expansive exhibition space of the Bord Gáis. This impressive team will make any Strictly Come Dancing’s fans dreams come true as they perform everything from the elegant waltz to the passionate Paso doblé with routines that promise to inspire, invigorate and, above all, entertain.

Early tour dates have already earned the All Night Long tour rave reviews, and it has been described as a breathtaking and magical live show of dance, music and jaw-dropping set-design. All the aspects of Strictly Come Dancing that avid viewers have come to know and love. Heavily-sequined costumes and abundant amounts of spray tan and body glitter are set to encase the Bord Gais in a brief but brilliant glitterball of Strictly glamour. This show is the perfect opportunity not only to see a television superstar live on stage but to satisfy your Strictly cravings in between seasons and to “keeeep dancing!”.