Disability Rights, Holi and Body Positivity Meditation: Your Week Ahead

This week TCDSU, in collaboration with many societies and support groups, are celebrating Body and Soul week.

Niamh HerbertSocieties Editor

There are only four more weeks of term left! Can you believe it? Don’t let these last few weeks pass you by without trying something new and heading to one of these events.

Monday

On Monday evening at 7pm in the Global Room, Trinity Free Legal Aid Centre (FLAC) will be hosting a disability rights talk. With the ratification of the UNCRPD on the horizon, disability rights are an important issue in Ireland at the moment. Join Dr John Conama, the acting Co-Director of FLAC and course coordinator of Deaf Studies, in the Centre for Deaf Studies, and Prof Mark Bell, a lecturer in the Trinity School of Law, for a panel discussion on disability rights in Ireland.

Tuesday

As a part of Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union’s (TCDSU) Body and Soul week, at 4pm in the Global Room, Niteline, S2S, DU Meditation and TCDSU Welfare are all joining forces to bring you a workshop on how to support a friend who’s going through a tough time. As we head into essay and exam season, emotions and stress will be running high, so now is the perfect opportunity to learn about caring for those around you.

Wednesday

Having been postponed after the pesky snowfall, Holi is set and ready to take place this week instead. This year, Trinity Indian Society (Indian Soc) promises its Holi event will be the most colourful and enigmatic celebration ever to happen upon the campus. Holi will be kicking off in Front Square at 1pm. Tickets are on sale from the Indian Soc page on Facebook.

Thursday

Trinity Politics Society (Pol Soc) will be hosting the Big Fat Political Quiz of the Year next Thursday at 7pm in Oldham, Trinity Hall. Think you’re up for the challenge? It’s only €3 to take part, and all proceeds go to SUAS. If politics and charity don’t tickle your fancy, you’ll surely be convinced to join Pol Soc as they head to Blackbird in Rathmines afterwards for a few pints and some more friendly discourse.

Friday

On the final day of TCDSU’s Body and Soul week, DU Meditation is holding a meditation session with a special theme: body positivity. On at 12pm in the Atrium, this guided meditation will leave you feeling good about yourself and ready for the weekend ahead.