Grace Jones and Il Divo to Play Trinity Summer Series

Rag ‘N’ Bone Man and Imelda May will also be coming to Trinity in July.

Dominic McGrathEditor
Grace Jones played Electric Picnic in 2015.

Grace Jones and Il Divo are among the names coming to Trinity in July for College’s “Summer Series”.

Jones, a musical and fashion icon, has played numerous gigs in Ireland in recent years. A recent Jones documentary,
Bloodlight And Bami, included shots of her performance at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin.

Il Divo is a classical quartet that achieved worldwide fame with nine albums.

Jones and Il Divo will play on July 23rd and 24th respectively, with Trinity Orchestra supporting the latter.

Singer-songwriter Rag ‘N’ Bone Man, perhaps best known for his song “Human”, will also be playing on July 25th, while Bryan Ferry will play on July 27th.

Taking to the stage for the final two nights, on July 28th and July 29th, are Gavin James and Imelda May – two acts well familiar to Irish crowds.

Each concert will run from 8pm to 10.30pm with a 60 to 90 minute soundcheck each evening, except for Thursday, as there will be no concert.

Last year the Pixies, James Vincent McMorrow, Bell X1, Gregory Porter, alt-j and Two Door Cinema Club performed for the concert series, with ticket prices ranging from €44 to €54, including a booking fee.

Provost Patrick Prendergast welcomed the idea of Trinity hosting gigs and concerts over the summer, when speaking in an interview with The University Times last year: “When we have the opportunity to make money from events, we do need to do it. Every university is doing it…And this is generating revenue we can use for academic purposes.”

Tickets will go on sale March 9th.