Trinity to Re-Open Tomorrow

After closing its doors on Wednesday, Trinity is set to open tomorrow at 10am as expected.

Eleanor O'MahonyDeputy Editor

Trinity is to open tomorrow at 10am as expected, after five days of closure due to heavy snow.

The College was closed to everyone except residents, with confused tourists left disappointed outside Front Gate.

Kinsella Hall and the 1937 Reading Room will open for students tomorrow from 10am, after students learned on Wednesday afternoon that the libraries and the entire campus would be closed at 5pm.

The Book of Kells exhibition will be open from 12pm and the Science Gallery will open at 8am to visitors.

The snowy conditions didn’t stop a wedding taking place on campus today, as Stephanie and Brendan McHenry wed in the College Chapel on an empty campus.

In a press statement earlier in the week, Trinity’s Director of Public Affairs and Communications Tom Molloy said that the closure was due to “heavy snow”. Molloy said that the Estates and Facilities staff “will work to maintain essential services for residents”.

Estates and Facilities worked hard to ensure that residents were safe on campus, gritting doorsteps and clearing snow from the main walkways and from roofs.

This wasn’t the first time this year that College was forced to shut its doors due to harsh weather conditions. In October, storm Ophelia closed Trinity for a day.