Trinity Business School’s MBA Programme Ranked in Global Top 50

The school’s executive MBA programme was named the best in Ireland, and was the only Irish course to feature in the Economist's top 50.

Aisling MarrenNews Editor

The Economist has named the Trinity Business School’s Executive Master’s in Business Administration as the 44th best in the world.

The postgraduate degree programme was also ranked first place in Ireland and was the only Irish course to appear in the top 50.

Dean of Trinity Business School Prof Andrew Burke said in a press statement that the ranking indicates how the school’s “ambitious high growth strategy is bearing fruit”. He also stated that “Trinity is well-known for its world class research, but it is the combination of research plus industry experience that gives Trinity graduates an edge on the competition”.

“We were delighted to see Trinity Business School being evaluated so highly in relation to the quality of our modules and lecturing team”, said Michael Flynn, the Director of Executive Education and MBA Portfolio, in the press statement.

This year saw the executive MBA rise 15 places in the list, last year having been ranked 59th best in the world. Burke called Trinity Business School “the fastest growing school in Europe, growing 78 per cent in the last two years alone”.

Prof Amanda Shantz, the Director of the Trinity executive MBA, said in a press statement that the masters programme “is distinct because our students are provided with an opportunity to put theory to practise. The skills that our students develop from these experiences position them as the future leaders in their fields”.

The Economist considers the career performance and workplace progression of graduates when collating their rankings. The publication last year named Northwestern University in Chicago as best place to undertake an executive MBA, with American universities monopolising the global top ten.

The Trinity Business School has spent almost €4 million between 2013 and 2017, making it one of the most expensive of College’s 24 schools. €80 million has been spent on the new building on Trinity’s central campus, which is due to be completed in the next year. It is hoped that the school will formally begin accepting students in 2019. The school, currently only accredited under one of the three main bodies in business accreditation, hopes to have achieved triple accreditation for its courses by that point.