Business School Seeks Ryanair Entrepreneurship Chair

The school is also hiring a chair of strategic development, amid the ongoing construction of its new €80 million building on Pearse St.

Jennifer Johnston Contributing Writer

Trinity’s Business School is hiring a Ryanair chair of entrepreneurship, as well as a chair of strategic development, amid the ongoing construction of its new €80 million building on Pearse St.

Applications for the newly created positions closed last Friday. The jobs were created as part of the Business School’s growth strategy, which began in 2015 and has resulted in a 117 per cent growth for the school.

Both positions advertise a salary ranging from €144,186 to €114,740 per annum.

The chair of entrepreneurship will be expected to play a leading role in galvanising, developing and innovating activities including degree programmes, executive education, management and research, according to Trinity’s website.

Last year, the College announced that Ryanair would fund an entrepreneurship position in the Business School, costing the airline €1.5 million over five years.

The chair of strategic management, working closely with the Ryanair chair of entrepreneurship, will teach and develop education degree programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level.

Both job descriptions emphasise that while the job will allow time for personal research, this will not be the main responsibility of the position. The successful candidate must also focus on securing high course-evaluation ratings and playing an active role in developing and managing leading education programmes and experiences for students and executives/entrepreneurs.

Applicants for both positions must have a PhD in a field of business and must submit a detailed two-year research plan, a teaching statement and a leadership and innovation statement.

The University Times previously reported that the Business School had more than doubled it’s spending between 2013 and 2017, with €8,208,056 spent by August of last year. Andrew Burke, the Dean of Trinity Business School, said that the increase in expenditure was due to the fact that “the school has more than doubled in size over that period”.

A new 300-seat restaurant – called Forum – will be opened in the Business School after it opens, featuring an outdoor area and space for a pop-up restaurant. The eatery will be run by Sodexo, the company that caters the Perch Cafe in the Arts Block.

The Business School is hoping to achieve triple accreditation for its courses by 2019 when it’s due to open its doors formally to students. The school is currently only accredited under the Association of MBA, which is just one of the three main global accreditation bodies in business education.