Trinity Rises in Global University Employability Ranking

Trinity ranked 120, up from 131, in the world for employability in the recent Times Higher Education rankings.

Eleanor O'MahonyEditor

Trinity has risen 11 places in the Times Higher Education global university employability rankings to 120st in the world.

The College was last year ranked 131 in the same rankings, which measure the employability of universities’ graduates worldwide. Trinity was the only Irish university to feature in the list, which was topped by Harvard University, California Institute of Technology and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The rankings were put together by HR consulting firm Emerging and determined which universities the recruiters at top companies think are the best at preparing students for the workplace.

Trinity also rose in September’s QS graduate employability rankings, finishing in the bracket between 101 and 110 in the world.

Trinity is currently ranked 120 in the Times Higher Education world university rankings after falling outside of the top 100 in the QS world university rankings for the first time ever in the summer.

Vice-Provost Chris Morash said in a press statement that “a Trinity education enables our students to reach their full potential both inside and outside the classroom. We want our students to develop their skills and graduate attributes to succeed in their studies and in their careers. They are therefore prepared for the ever-changing challenges of the 21st century workforce. Today’s ranking is a testament to their hard work in achieving that”.

In a press statement, Trinity’s Director of Careers Orla Bannon said: “Trinity students and graduates continue to be highly employable with transferable skills that are valued by employers. During their time at Trinity, students get the opportunity to develop key employability skills that allow them to succeed not just in their careers but in their future lives as individuals and members of society. We work to continuously develop employer-student engagement in innovative ways so students can improve their career and workplace readiness and the Trinity Employability Awards are good examples of this.”