In City Assembly House, Ireland’s Best Vintage Vendors

This weekend, escape the commercial grasp of the high street with Fair Lady's Vintage Fair.

Aoife O FloinnContributing Writer

Make sure to mark your diary for Fair Lady’s Vintage Fair on November 30th. Pop over to City Assembly House, the next-door neighbour of Powerscourt Townhouse, where you will find a dazzling collection of Ireland’s finest vintage vendors. This event will provide you with a treasure trove of exquisite vintage pieces for those fast-approaching Christmas parties, as well as some divine interior items to jazz up your student flat.

The fair will run all day, from 10am to 5.30pm, and there will be rails packed with ornate and glitzy vintage steals. Spend your Saturday moseying around one of Dublin’s finest Georgian buildings and soak in the special atmosphere found in vintage markets.

If your wardrobe is lacking in these winter months, this fair will be the perfect opportunity to pick up some vibrant vintage pieces: you will be met with a cohort of established traders, showcasing the very best of preloved fashion. There will also be plenty of accessories and jewellery to buy from renowned vendors including Margaret and Leonard, who will be showcasing their fantastic selection of affordable jewellery.

With vintage increasingly in vogue and entering the wardrobes of plenty of style queens – from the Hadids to actual royalty – this event will provide you with the perfect opportunity to escape the commercial grasp of the high street and revel in the rarity of your pieces.

Attending a fashion vintage fair of this calibre will also allow you to join the loudest conversation in fashion: sustainability. You will be sure to leave with bags full of dazzling standout items that have a story, knowing you have done your bit for the planet. In the words of the vintage queen herself, Kate Moss: “When I want to look special, I go vintage.”