TCDSU Elects Part-Time Officers, Convenors and Raft of Committee Members

In the last council meeting of the year, TCDSU elected its part-time officers, convenors and a raft of committee members.

Sárán Fogarty and Jody Druce

Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) has elected its part-time officers for the 2021/22 academic year at the final meeting of TCDSU Council, which was held virtually this evening.

All part-time officers were elected, with Emma Rossiter being elected chair of council and Ewan Tushkanov being elected as secretary of council, both in uncontested elections.

Julia Bochenek was elected arts, humanities and social sciences faculty convenor and Shauna Sutton was voted in as health sciences convenor – both were uncontested. Zoe Cummins beat Hannah Heskin to become the science, technology, engineering and maths convenor.

Ruaidhri Saulnier was elected joint courses convenor in an uncontested race, while Craig Maguire was elected LGBT rights officer, also in an uncontested race.

Julie Smirnova was elected citizenship officer – beating László Molnárfi and William Reynolds to the role. Gabrielle Fullam was elected ethnic minorities officer in an uncontested race.

Chloe Staunton was elected officer for students with a disability in a race also contested by Annora Callaghan and Rachel Murphy. Martin Doolan beat Antoin Fletcher for the role of mature students officer.

Dylan Krug was elected to the role of international students officer in a race also contested by Lucas Walshe, Morgan Hildula, Mia Brzakovic and Zaid Barghouthi.

Rebecca Kelly was voted in as gender equality officer, beating Catherine Arnold, Samantha Tancredi and Martha McKinney Perry for the role. Aislinn Ní Dhomhnaill was elected Oifigeach na Gaeilge in an uncontested race.

Eoghan Gilroy will serve as access officer, having run uncontested. Ellie Starr was voted in as off campus officer in a race also contested by William Reynolds.

Caoimhe Massey was elected to the role of communities liaison officer in an uncontested race. Alice Payne beat Mia van Rens for the position of volunteer forum coordinator.

Yannick Gloster, the current chair of council, was elected as the undergraduate studies representative, beating László Molnárfi to the role. Clara McCormack was elected chair of the boycott, divestment and sanction (BDS) campaign and Siobhán Ní Ghuairim was elected secretary of the BDS campaign.

David Caffrey was elected student parent officer – a role the union has had some issues filling in recent times. Samantha Foley was elected environmental officer – beating Claire McNamee to the role.

László Molnárfi, Jodie Milne, William Reynolds, Tidgh Maguire and Emily Sweeney will serve as ordinary committee members of the campaigns committee. Morgan Hildula and Martha McKinney Perry also contested the race but were not elected.

Seán Gordon Dalton, Bláithín He-Adley, Eoin Ussher and Rose Fitzgerald were all elected as annual members of the Electoral Commission.

Lydia McBride, Adam Hanlon, Jonathan King and Jacob Kennedy were all elected as ordinary committee members of the Oversight Commission (OC).